Visa Eligibility

The following are some readers' comments. You can also read the full article: Visa Eligibility.

Related reading

Dependent Visa

There has been some discussion in the Visa eligibility section about whether you are allowed to work if you have...


Your first point of contact regarding Japanese visa eligibility is your local Japanese embassy. If you are already in Japan,...

Japan Rail Pass

The Japan Rail Pass can be a good deal for visitors who plan on doing a lot of sightseeing in...

Work visa process

When you enter Japan, you will probably be on a 90 day tourist visa exemption. Holders of certain passports (e.g....

Sponsored visa

To get a work visa, you need to find a company willing to give you a job. You will also...

361 comments on “Visa Eligibility”

Comment pages: « 17 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 1719 »

  1. 202
    gerd said (6 December 2008 at 1:05 am)

    hi sir/mam,
    I just want to inquire, i am a chef here in the Uk and i have worked with some of the top michelin chefs here over the past 8 years, current i am in a senior position in my job but i have always wanted to experence japanese cuisine first hand. Japan has some of the best chefs in the world and i would like to gain some knowledge and experience from any of them, how can i make this possible. Is it possible to get even a six months work visa? I am 31yrs old.

  2. 203
    Chandan Lama said (16 January 2009 at 8:00 pm)

    i am a B.A. 2nd Student, wanted to work anywhere in japan… can you tell me, am i eligible to get a wrok visa in japan as per my qualification..?

  3. 204
    Lisa said (27 January 2009 at 7:47 pm)


    I am a pre-grad student from America and I wish to find out if I can get information on a [ training visa ] as I wish to get trained on how to teach
    English in Japan to Japanese students.

    Is this possible?

    Thank you,


  4. 205
    Vanessa said (1 February 2009 at 8:24 am)

    Hi my partner and I are Australian but both 31 years of age. I speak japanese, as I studied for 7 years, would me or my partner be able to get work anywhere while we are there?
    What time of Visa do we need to be allowed into the country for 90 days?


  5. 206
    Bennett said (3 February 2009 at 5:26 pm)

    @Vanessa, I believe Australian passport holders can just show up in Japan and be given a 90 day visa exemption. You’re not allowed to work at all with this. You are allowed to look for a job and apply for a work visa during this time. Generally you can’t just pop in as a tourist and legally do a bit of work while you’re there. Check with your local embassy before making any firm commitment though.

  6. 207
    Kris said (14 February 2009 at 8:44 pm)

    Hi there

    Iam dutch citizen 24 years old. I come here with temparly visum from netherlands. It is very hard to stay in japan as foreigner, speciallity if your comming from netherlands.
    I have worked for couple years in international business company To give talking englisch and more languages.
    But is that enough to find in japan job or somebody thats wants sponsor me visa mebe englisch teacher ( witout BA or AB certification)

    Any idea or sugestion welcome

    To find work in japan I need a holiday or workvisum
    Do you have any advise, where To start looking To get a visum in japan as as dutch citzen.
    My girfriend is japanese , i heard if I gone married her, in can stay japan?

  7. 208
    Ali Khan said (17 February 2009 at 1:12 am)

    Hello Respected Sir/ Mam.

    I am M.Ali from Pakistan.I have done my Graducation B.Com IT from Punjab University its recognized university.I knows about computer skill very much.I have many Deplomas of computers Sciences.Well i think so i am wasting my time in Pakistan.If any job available in japan so please contact me or prefer me i hope i will do excellent job for yours companies.

    Best Regards.


  8. 209
    Ali Khan said (17 February 2009 at 1:18 am)

    So sorry i wants to tell you about my self.I am 24 Years Old.I am working in trading company as an Trade Inquiry Officer.I contact with world for buying and selling goods.I don’t know where i will go but i wants to do work with thoses company or peoples who knows what is work and who is eligibal for work visa.Wish me good luck !


  9. 210
    hiroshi said (23 February 2009 at 11:26 pm)

    i hav a lot of can i live in japan? 22 yrs in japan w/ my 2 parents were married both here in japan nd in the our father left us since we were kids..what kind of visa i can apply..they said we are overaged to apply for nationality..pls help us..can we stay in japan?..

  10. 211
    cielo said (4 March 2009 at 2:25 pm)

    i have 3 kids to my live in japanese partner for almost 20 years who overstay here in the phils for how many years now. my problem is were not living together for how many months now and i have to work for my support coming from him although he have 3 kids was using his surname. is there anybody or agency that can help me to ask more questions regarding my 3 kids. anyway my eldest is actually graduating this coming march.and it will be my 2 kids aged 13 & 6 yrs old will be be my problem regarding their education. please help me….

  11. 212
    REYMAN said (24 March 2009 at 12:58 am)

    Hi! im reyman ive been in the USA california ive been there only for my vacation and now im here in the philippines i really want to see japan i want to visit there and also if i can do have a job there its a pleasure to work in japann because i really like japanese there culture is very good i hope u answer me as soon as possible…

  12. 213
    nika said (4 April 2009 at 6:42 am)

    how many months or days to get illigebility from japan immigration?

  13. 214
    geron said (5 April 2009 at 5:41 pm)

    genki desu ka… i met my wife in japan, im a pilipino 32 years old married to a pilipina (devorce to a japanese national with three kids) shes 41yrs. old a permanent resident cardholder in japan. i was departed on september of 2006 cos i was overstyed. on january of 2007 my wife went here in manila for our marriage. after a year we applied for the certificate of eligibility twice but they never grantented. it almost three years now since i was departed i want to go back to japan to live together with my wife, my question is why they never garant my certificate of elibility . how long should i wait to get that… what else should i do to get a visa .. i hope you have give me a good advice.. thank you very much

  14. 215
    Tiffany said (5 May 2009 at 8:10 pm)

    I am leaving my company at the end of May and I will be a part-time nanny for a Japanese family. They will pay me of course and also submit what they pay me to the government for obvious tax reasons. I currently have a professor visa through May 2011. Do I need to self-sponsor though because I won’t be working for a company anymore? Please provide some help for me.

  15. 216
    Ramesh Budhathoki said (11 May 2009 at 6:57 pm)

    I am always dreaming to visit and work in japan. I m represent for poor family. that’s why my educational background was interupted, I am from Nepal. Now i’m in 25 years old n want to seek job in japan.

  16. 217
    jason said (14 May 2009 at 2:12 am)

    Hello! I have been staying in japan for ten years now! but i divorce 3weeks ago! i have two years on visa but after our divorce can i stay in japan? my in come is little! what can i do with my vasa can i get visa?

  17. 218
    JP said (17 May 2009 at 2:44 am)

    im a filipino i have worked and lived in japan for about 3yrs i got my 1yr visa and a 3yrs visa. now im a long term resident and my visa will expire on Sept. 2009. my problem is im here now in the philippines almost a year now. im thinking if i can extend my visa here in the philippines or i need to go back to japan to get my next term of visa which is a 5yrs visa? anyone know what should i do best?

    replies will be much appriciated
    thank you

  18. 219
    Waqas Mahmood said (18 May 2009 at 7:41 pm)

    i m waqas from pakistan n i m a poor guy but i wanna do work in a country thats give me lorts of opartunity to gain money n i wanna do something for my parents but here in pakistan not to much opertunities for good money n i hope n sure in japan lots of opertunities for gain money n strong futuer

    replies will be much appriciated
    thank you

  19. 220
    shashi raj adhikari said (6 June 2009 at 7:22 pm)

    hi!this is shashi raj adhikari.frm kathmandu, nepal,i want know, what is procedure of getting visit visa of japan?is that possible to get working visa for neplease people?and how can we find agent of japan for working visa?
    kindly reply me.

  20. 221
    allan said (13 June 2009 at 2:17 pm)

    Hi guys,

    I just want to ask, just in case i have obtained a working visa here in the philippines for japan which is sponsored by an employer, can i apply my wife as my dependent ang bring her along with me in japan? and if so, how?


Comment pages: « 17 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 1719 »

Post a comment