The following are some readers' comments. You can also read the full article: Visa Eligibility.

Embassies

Your first point of contact regarding Japanese visa eligibility is your local Japanese embassy. If you are already in Japan,...

Japan Rail Pass

The Japan Rail Pass can be a good deal for visitors who plan on doing a lot of sightseeing in...

361 comments on “Visa Eligibility”

MIYA Chan said (4 November 2007 at 5:47 pm)

Can you tell me what is the requirements in appyling the certificate of eligibility in Japan…

donna said (4 November 2007 at 7:08 pm)

hi bennett!!!!I am a filipina,i have a japanese boyfriend 3yrs relationship,now we are planning to get married but he has a problem with his taxes.his not paying it for about 4yrs..I am worry if he can give me visa and be with him in japan…Is taxes certificate are very important in appllying “kekkon visa”???????WHAT WE SHOULD TO????I AM HOPING FOR YOU REPLIES…..THANKS!!!!

thea said (14 November 2007 at 12:45 am)

hi dear,
    Im a Filipina been there in Japan for 3 times working in a company named Yazaki.
    Now Im working here in Dubai. I want to go back to Japan from Dubai.,coz I know if I will apply again to Yazaki they will hire me,but from where I start preparing my documents. Please help and give me the procedures needed and the required documents.
    thanks.Im looking forward to your comment/reply.

Tsatsu MacCarthy said (19 November 2007 at 6:30 pm)

Hello,
    I am a Ghanaian working in one of Ghana’s renowed Polytechnics. I want to migrate to Japan on a working visa for one year. How can your firm assist me?
    Thank you and am looking forward in hearing from you soon.

Khalid Hussain said (20 November 2007 at 4:46 pm)

I ‘m Khalid Hussain from Pakistan. I m banker (ABN AMRO Bank ) by profession since 1997 as an Admin Manager & doing a business of Garments. My Monthly income is about above $ 40,000/- pa. I m married. I have visited to Dubai in 2000 & Thailand 2006 on visit visa.

Now I wish visit to Japan for 3 to 4 weeks. Unfortunately I don’t have much information about visit visa for Japan. You are requested to please tell me about the requirements for get the Japan visa on visit.

One my friend is living in Japan .

Regards,

Khalid Hussain

Oyunbardrakh.D said (28 November 2007 at 11:35 am)

hi i am 23, from Mongolia, now i am working in an international company called World Vision as an administrative coordinator. i live with my wife and a 4-month-old son. we need more money to buy a good accomodation to live in Mongoia. but we have very low income. So i need a job in japan, i will be responsible for the all rules in japan. if someone wants to help me please contact through the mail address even better speaking in phone (976-11-99167887). i will take your kindness.

janet said (22 December 2007 at 3:56 pm)

hi,i just want to asked if it is possible to marry..i have a trainee a visa at present but i stop the training coz i find it hard so i quit..and then i met this japanese and we are living in right now for a couple of months..my visa will expire on the april of next year..we are planning to marry next month..is there a possible question that may arised since i quit from my training..please tell me..my plan is before my visa end im going to report to the immigration to submit all the documents that im married and im willing to go back home to the philippines to wait till the spouse visa is given to me…please tell me..if its right or wrong..

THILAN said (26 December 2007 at 2:04 am)

HAI,IAM UNIVERSITY STUDENT IN JAPAN.IAM FOLLOWING IJ300 LANGUAGE COURSE.I HAVE COLLEGE STUDENT VISA.CAN I BRING MY WIFE IN JAPAN.
    THANK YOU.

faisal said (3 January 2008 at 1:58 am)

hi i am faisal i am willing to visit japan could you please tell me the procedures to get a visa to japan.now i m working in dubai actually me an indian

regards
    faisal

melow said (11 January 2008 at 3:16 pm)

hello guys! i would like to ask if you know what those requirements be needed in order for me to get a “certificate of eligibility”

I gonna be married to Brazilian person who base in japan then in order for me to get a long-term visa one of the requirements is certificate of eligibility. anybody here knows whats those requirements be needed?

Meng said (19 January 2008 at 6:17 pm)

Dear friends,
    Need your help for below question.
    Can I apply for Japan Certificate of Eligibility (COE) under trainee status for second times ?
    I already obtained COE for the first time. It already expired for one year and six months.
    Thank you in advance.

pareshgajjar said (31 January 2008 at 11:19 pm)

hello sir,madam i respect u i am paresh gajjar from india.please help me for visa.sponsor or any other way for visa. i want to to work job in japan.i want to do work hardly.n good .i have not degeree certificate.but i have ITI CERTIFICATE.presently m working in textile woven labels company in india gujarat as a operator.n maintenance.i want more money for bright future of my son..my child.any kind person can help me.for visa.plz plz. gajjarparesh2006@yahoo.co.in

Murdana said (5 February 2008 at 1:18 am)

Good evening
    I used to work in Japan before in the Hotel for 4 years .
    Now I want come back to work in Japan again but not the same company.
    Please help me how is the easy way to apply the work permit this time.
    Thank you very much and look foward to hearing.
    Regard
    Murdana

Anil said (19 February 2008 at 2:13 pm)

Hello
    i am an indian working in a reputed firm at osaka.i have engineer status.my wife is a computer science engineering graduate.came to japan on dependent visa.
    having computer science engineering degree she is interested to work.
    what is the procedure to convert dependent visa to work visa or part time work visa.we are staying in hyogo prefecture.

Regienel Fuentes said (22 February 2008 at 12:44 pm)

I’m a filipino and I want to work in Japan although im not yet a graduate of my batchelors degree for im just oin my third year of this degree.i just want to ask if i can still able to work there even though i have not yet graduated.Plwease help me.Specifically im taking Batchelor of Science in Secondary Education(BSED) major in T.L.E.

amal said (27 February 2008 at 8:03 am)

my wife studi in japan univer sity i can apply tow depender visa

M M Salahuddin said (14 March 2008 at 2:37 am)

I Am A Bangladesh journalist. how can get to japan to enjoy hanami
    ……………………….thanks for attention sir, MM Salahuddin

matty said (16 April 2008 at 2:16 pm)

hi my name is matty im currently living in japan on a tourist visa but have met japanese girlfriend and would like to stay and work in japan i have been a chef for over 10 years now am i eligable to obtain a work visa without sponsorship?? thanks for your help if you can get back to me !

Musashi said (19 April 2008 at 2:23 am)

Japanese don’t use English language at their work or society (mostly). So if you wanna work in Japan, you have to learn Japanese language at language school in Japan. (A foreigner speaking Japanese fluently is successful in Japan)
    It will be the best way, come to Japan with a student visa, and go to the Japanese language school, and had better work by a part-time job and job hunting first.

freeringtones said (19 April 2008 at 11:38 pm)

я вам пишу, чего же боле?