Visa Eligibility

The following are some readers' comments. You can also read the full article: Visa Eligibility.

Related reading

Dependent Visa

There has been some discussion in the Visa eligibility section about whether you are allowed to work if you have...


Your first point of contact regarding Japanese visa eligibility is your local Japanese embassy. If you are already in Japan,...

Japan Rail Pass

The Japan Rail Pass can be a good deal for visitors who plan on doing a lot of sightseeing in...

Work visa process

When you enter Japan, you will probably be on a 90 day tourist visa exemption. Holders of certain passports (e.g....

Sponsored visa

To get a work visa, you need to find a company willing to give you a job. You will also...

361 comments on “Visa Eligibility”

Comment pages: « 15 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 1519 »

  1. 162
    MIYA Chan said (4 November 2007 at 5:47 pm)

    Can you tell me what is the requirements in appyling the certificate of eligibility in Japan…

  2. 163
    donna said (4 November 2007 at 7:08 pm)

    hi bennett!!!!I am a filipina,i have a japanese boyfriend 3yrs relationship,now we are planning to get married but he has a problem with his taxes.his not paying it for about 4yrs..I am worry if he can give me visa and be with him in japan…Is taxes certificate are very important in appllying “kekkon visa”???????WHAT WE SHOULD TO????I AM HOPING FOR YOU REPLIES…..THANKS!!!!

  3. 164
    thea said (14 November 2007 at 12:45 am)

    hi dear,
    Im a Filipina been there in Japan for 3 times working in a company named Yazaki.
    Now Im working here in Dubai. I want to go back to Japan from Dubai.,coz I know if I will apply again to Yazaki they will hire me,but from where I start preparing my documents. Please help and give me the procedures needed and the required documents.
    thanks.Im looking forward to your comment/reply.

  4. 165
    Tsatsu MacCarthy said (19 November 2007 at 6:30 pm)

    I am a Ghanaian working in one of Ghana’s renowed Polytechnics. I want to migrate to Japan on a working visa for one year. How can your firm assist me?
    Thank you and am looking forward in hearing from you soon.

  5. 166
    Khalid Hussain said (20 November 2007 at 4:46 pm)

    I ‘m Khalid Hussain from Pakistan. I m banker (ABN AMRO Bank ) by profession since 1997 as an Admin Manager & doing a business of Garments. My Monthly income is about above $ 40,000/- pa. I m married. I have visited to Dubai in 2000 & Thailand 2006 on visit visa.

    Now I wish visit to Japan for 3 to 4 weeks. Unfortunately I don’t have much information about visit visa for Japan. You are requested to please tell me about the requirements for get the Japan visa on visit.

    One my friend is living in Japan .


    Khalid Hussain

  6. 167
    Oyunbardrakh.D said (28 November 2007 at 11:35 am)

    hi i am 23, from Mongolia, now i am working in an international company called World Vision as an administrative coordinator. i live with my wife and a 4-month-old son. we need more money to buy a good accomodation to live in Mongoia. but we have very low income. So i need a job in japan, i will be responsible for the all rules in japan. if someone wants to help me please contact through the mail address even better speaking in phone (976-11-99167887). i will take your kindness.

  7. 168
    janet said (22 December 2007 at 3:56 pm)

    hi,i just want to asked if it is possible to marry..i have a trainee a visa at present but i stop the training coz i find it hard so i quit..and then i met this japanese and we are living in right now for a couple of visa will expire on the april of next year..we are planning to marry next there a possible question that may arised since i quit from my training..please tell plan is before my visa end im going to report to the immigration to submit all the documents that im married and im willing to go back home to the philippines to wait till the spouse visa is given to me…please tell me..if its right or wrong..

  8. 169
    THILAN said (26 December 2007 at 2:04 am)


  9. 170
    faisal said (3 January 2008 at 1:58 am)

    hi i am faisal i am willing to visit japan could you please tell me the procedures to get a visa to i m working in dubai actually me an indian


  10. 171
    melow said (11 January 2008 at 3:16 pm)

    hello guys! i would like to ask if you know what those requirements be needed in order for me to get a “certificate of eligibility”

    I gonna be married to Brazilian person who base in japan then in order for me to get a long-term visa one of the requirements is certificate of eligibility. anybody here knows whats those requirements be needed?

  11. 172
    Meng said (19 January 2008 at 6:17 pm)

    Dear friends,
    Need your help for below question.
    Can I apply for Japan Certificate of Eligibility (COE) under trainee status for second times ?
    I already obtained COE for the first time. It already expired for one year and six months.
    Thank you in advance.

  12. 173
    pareshgajjar said (31 January 2008 at 11:19 pm)

    hello sir,madam i respect u i am paresh gajjar from india.please help me for visa.sponsor or any other way for visa. i want to to work job in japan.i want to do work hardly.n good .i have not degeree certificate.but i have ITI CERTIFICATE.presently m working in textile woven labels company in india gujarat as a operator.n maintenance.i want more money for bright future of my child.any kind person can help me.for visa.plz plz.

  13. 174
    Murdana said (5 February 2008 at 1:18 am)

    Good evening
    I used to work in Japan before in the Hotel for 4 years .
    Now I want come back to work in Japan again but not the same company.
    Please help me how is the easy way to apply the work permit this time.
    Thank you very much and look foward to hearing.

  14. 175
    Anil said (19 February 2008 at 2:13 pm)

    i am an indian working in a reputed firm at osaka.i have engineer wife is a computer science engineering graduate.came to japan on dependent visa.
    having computer science engineering degree she is interested to work.
    what is the procedure to convert dependent visa to work visa or part time work visa.we are staying in hyogo prefecture.

  15. 176
    Regienel Fuentes said (22 February 2008 at 12:44 pm)

    I’m a filipino and I want to work in Japan although im not yet a graduate of my batchelors degree for im just oin my third year of this degree.i just want to ask if i can still able to work there even though i have not yet graduated.Plwease help me.Specifically im taking Batchelor of Science in Secondary Education(BSED) major in T.L.E.

  16. 177
    amal said (27 February 2008 at 8:03 am)

    my wife studi in japan univer sity i can apply tow depender visa

  17. 178
    M M Salahuddin said (14 March 2008 at 2:37 am)

    I Am A Bangladesh journalist. how can get to japan to enjoy hanami
    ……………………….thanks for attention sir, MM Salahuddin

  18. 179
    matty said (16 April 2008 at 2:16 pm)

    hi my name is matty im currently living in japan on a tourist visa but have met japanese girlfriend and would like to stay and work in japan i have been a chef for over 10 years now am i eligable to obtain a work visa without sponsorship?? thanks for your help if you can get back to me !

  19. 180
    Musashi said (19 April 2008 at 2:23 am)

    Japanese don’t use English language at their work or society (mostly). So if you wanna work in Japan, you have to learn Japanese language at language school in Japan. (A foreigner speaking Japanese fluently is successful in Japan)
    It will be the best way, come to Japan with a student visa, and go to the Japanese language school, and had better work by a part-time job and job hunting first.

  20. 181
    freeringtones said (19 April 2008 at 11:38 pm)

    я вам пишу, чего же боле?

Comment pages: « 15 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 1519 »

Post a comment