Reporting illegal immigrants

Many people try to use this website to report people who they believe are working or living in Japan illegally. Instead of reporting it here, you should use the official government channels.

The Immigration Department has a web form where you can give details of suspected overstayers. The website is in Japanese. If you don’t read Japanese, you might be able to use Google Translate or something similar to translate it.

You can also call the Tokyo Immigration Bureau to report undocumented foreigners on 03-5796-7256. This number is available from 9am to 5pm on weekdays. It’s not open over the New Year holiday period.

Related reading

No related posts