The following are some readers' comments. You can also read the full article: Visa Eligibility.

Embassies

Your first point of contact regarding Japanese visa eligibility is your local Japanese embassy. If you are already in Japan,...

Japan Rail Pass

The Japan Rail Pass can be a good deal for visitors who plan on doing a lot of sightseeing in...

361 comments on “Visa Eligibility”

Jana Westbrook said (9 February 2010 at 5:10 pm)

I have an 18 year old son who will be graduating from High school in May. He wants to work in Japan for a while and stay with family friends. He would be in South Tokyo somewhere. We live in Utah, USA and would appreciate any help concerning this. He is 6’3″ and 200 lbs. A good person and worker. Is he too young to find a place to work for say 6 months to a year with a work visa?

liberty said (19 February 2010 at 8:54 pm)

pwde po ba ireklamo ung isang pinay dto sa japan..ganito po un kc po ung pinay na un ang hilig po mgpahuli ng mga overstay kahit sino po basta alam nyang overstay pinapahuli po nya..kawawa nmn po ung mga pinahuli nya may mga pamilyang sinusuportahan sa pilipinas d na cya naawa… and then 1 day nalaman nalng po namin na immitation lang po ang kasal nya sa hapon….kasal po cya sa pilipinas may asawa tapos po nung nagpakasal cya sa hapon binago po lahat ng papers nya ginawa nya po single at iniba ung family name nya binalik sa pgka dalaga..pati nga po ung mga anak nya adopt puro peke din po mga pangalan..ask ko lang po paano po irereklamo un…..ayw ko man po gawin ito pero marami napo cya pineperwisyong tao..dahil po pinagyayabng po ang kanyang visa..sana matulungan po ninyo ung mga kababayan nating nagtatrabaho lang wla nmng gnagwang masama tapos pinapahuli….

Julie said (23 February 2010 at 2:27 pm)

I found this website very interesting!
    Hi 🙂

This summer, I am going to Japan for 4 months to study Japanese language.
    I am an undergraduate student and I’ll graduate next year.
    After graduation, I am thinking working in Tokyo.
    So my questions are:

Do you think it will be hard for me to find an entry-level job?

If I have a working visa holiday can I switch to Working Visa after one year?

Btw,my major is economics so it is very board! I speak French and English.
    I speak a little bit of Mandarin and Spanish.
    I will learn Japanese and my boyfriend will help me (he is Japanese).

Thank you for you time.

mimi said (10 March 2010 at 3:16 am)

good day!!! i want to ask some question me and my japanese husband married last july 2009 he applied me and our daughter the certificate of eligibility october 2009,but up to this time the immigration have no answer yet. me and my husband are waiting for 5 months,my husband call the immigration they say just wait… is it really hard to have the COE??? thank you hope to hear you soon. more power and god be the glory!!!

gul ahmad said (20 March 2010 at 2:38 am)

hi i am gul i m from pakistan i have 3 three years diploma of IT field
    i m intresting 2 come to japan on work visa please give any advise
    thanks regurds
    gul ahamd

arnold said (3 May 2010 at 6:40 pm)

goodday mr and ms.im arnold from philippine.im a trainee in one year and two years semi worker in japan.my skill is alluminium and gluss cutter.im arrived in manila april 11 2010. i’ll would like to go back again in japan.what should I’ll do?go back again in japan.please help me.thank you so much to reply my mail.GodSpeed!

gandhi said (4 May 2010 at 12:26 am)

Dear every one,
    i came japan in 2003 by the sponsor of my fience she is japanese . we got marriage soon in japan and continue to stay. before 2year i got permanent residence vissa .now we are nearly going to devorce cause before get merriage i had a relation with another girl when came in japen i heard that the girl was preagnent …. family of my country accept her and stay together. i healp her and child as a humen beeng.now my japane wife know about this thing .she is very angry and sad .she just saying double marriage. cheat…..
    in this situation if she complain to immegration will i lost my permanent vissa?
    hope to hear from..

Tom Robinson said (13 May 2010 at 5:47 am)

I visited some of my friends living in Kyoto a few week ago and enjoyed my time there so much i want to take Japanese lessons at the Nihongo centre in Kyoto. During my time in japan i was introduced to a restaurant owner who told me he would be willing to give me a part-time job while i study in Japan. What sort of visa would i be looking for to do this? I am a British citizen, and the course will last a year or so.

Asif Shoukat said (28 May 2010 at 7:44 pm)

Hello Respected Sir/ Mam.

I am Asif Shoukat from Pakistan.I have done my Graducation B.Com IT from Punjab University its recognized university.I knows about computer skill very much.I have many Deplomas of computers Sciences.Well i think so i am wasting my time in Pakistan.If any job available in japan so please contact me or prefer me. I will be very thankful to yours.

Best Regards.

Asif Shoukat

Ring said (11 June 2010 at 1:12 am)

Hi, I am a Malaysian who came to Japan about 4 years ago for my Masters degree.I graduated last year and married to my husband who is currently a malaysian and also a Phd student here in japan. Therefore i am currently staying as a dependent and working as a part-timer in Hokkaido. I am looking for a full time job now and wondering if its possible to change my Visa from dependent to working Visa. Is it difficult? as i might need to persuade my future employer to do it for me.

Many thanks and best regards

Abrar said (12 June 2010 at 2:57 am)

Sir I want to know one question.
    My brother is working in Japan as labour, and his spouse and one small kid is in Pakistan.
    I want to know one thing that Japan is issuing visa to family of Labours are not

Regards,
    Abrar Javed

m.ali said (15 June 2010 at 6:41 pm)

sir..

my names is Mohammad Ali i am from gilgit Pakistan..
    i am tourist guaide..
    i want to work in japan,,
    can you hep me
    regards
    ali

Marianne said (26 June 2010 at 4:45 pm)

Could anybody help me with my visa question. Is it possible to change my US dependent visa into the Student visa in Japan. My husband is in the US Navy, and i am curious how it all works if i get accepted by the Japanese school.

Thanks in advance.

moeenuddin said (10 July 2010 at 5:26 am)

i want to know that if a pakistani after getting boss visa or work visa can take his pakistani wife to japan to live with him easily.

moeenuddin said (10 July 2010 at 5:41 am)

please reply soon on my e-mail address.there is a pakistani in m.garh multan.his father is a japanese national.and his brother is living in japan also with father for the last five years.the boy claims to settle in japan also but wants to marry my sister in pakistan .i am worried and wants to know .can he easily settle in japan with wife and how much time is required for this process as his brother presently working in japan is assuring us about his wife’s safe stay in japan within a short time.

Mohan Mahat said (3 August 2010 at 7:47 pm)

My son is very interested to work in Japan. How can he get working visa in Japan? Although, I have a Japanese friend holding a company in Japan. Can he provide a working visa for my son.

Regards

HB ghimire

aneeq ahmad khan said (14 August 2010 at 2:57 pm)

respected sir i am from pakistan i need japan visa work visa or visit visa.plz tell me how i can get this visa.please reply me on my mail educationabroadlinks@yahoo.com

JMAN said (31 August 2010 at 4:40 am)

I agree…Janet is a Biatch!!!

fabian zamago said (3 September 2010 at 8:58 am)

i am planing to go to japan for a new life can i get a work visa be for going there

som bahadur baudas said (19 September 2010 at 4:11 pm)

hi sir.
    hi i will love Japan. i want work japan. so i earn money. how to that going? any one person help me.