Visa Eligibility

The following are some readers' comments. You can also read the full article: Visa Eligibility.

Related reading

Dependent Visa

There has been some discussion in the Visa eligibility section about whether you are allowed to work if you have...


Your first point of contact regarding Japanese visa eligibility is your local Japanese embassy. If you are already in Japan,...

Japan Rail Pass

The Japan Rail Pass can be a good deal for visitors who plan on doing a lot of sightseeing in...

Work visa process

When you enter Japan, you will probably be on a 90 day tourist visa exemption. Holders of certain passports (e.g....

Sponsored visa

To get a work visa, you need to find a company willing to give you a job. You will also...

361 comments on “Visa Eligibility”

Comment pages: « 18 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 1819 »

  1. 222
    mohamed robleh aden said (21 June 2009 at 6:53 pm)

    i would like to request the japanies visa for help

    thank you.and im looking forward hearing form soon

  2. 223
    Carla said (22 June 2009 at 3:05 pm)

    I am a dutch citizen(21 years old)residing in Indonesia, i have been invited by the Hiroshima university to attend a seminar.

    My question is, do dutch citizens need to apply for a visa if they stay up till 90 days?? Or is there a programme (such as the waiver programe to enter the USA where EU passport holders need not to apply for a visa?)

    Thank you

  3. 224
    Mohammad Shadab said (18 July 2009 at 8:08 pm)

    Respected Sir/ Mam.

    I am Mohammad Shadab ( age 31 ) from INDIA, i am working in saudi arabia since 8 years as a computer operator.I have done my Graducation B.Sc from Lucknow University( INDIA ) its recognized university.I knows about computer skill very much.I have Deploma in computers Sciences.If any job available in japan so please contact me or prefer me i hope i will do excellent job for yours companies.

    Best Regards.

    Mohammad Shadab

  4. 225
    mr luitel said (3 August 2009 at 4:34 am)

    dear sir. i am nepali citizen . now i am working here in japan as a cook since last two years. three month before i had applyed dependent visa eligibility for my wife but still now i didnt get any answer. i asked 3/4 times to immigration officer but every time they answerd still not issued just wait. also they dont reply how long i have to wait > pls can you help me how can i get fast visa eligibility ? i hope you advice me soon. and sorry for my poor english.

  5. 226
    janet said (8 September 2009 at 5:22 pm)

    hi there..i want to report a overstay person live here in japan residing with her nephews,knowing that there aunt has already overstay here in japan for almost 10 years and above..i dont want to do this but this family always mess my life!!!my question is,if i report it to the immigration is it possible that this overstay person and her nephews go back to the philippines?anyone know the answer?..please advice me..thank you and i really appreciated!!

  6. 227
    love said (21 September 2009 at 11:24 am)

    hi!i have a frend and shes married to a japanese and shes thingking to get divorce soon.Shes married 2years ago,the question is she can live in japan even she got divorced?
    thank you…

  7. 228
    xukun said (26 September 2009 at 6:05 pm)

    i am 21yrs old Somali lady .We dont have appropriate education in somalia but i personally worked hard to learn english and computer studies from ofcoarse unrecognized schools and colleges in Somalia.i am trying my luck .iwould like to find both a job and a college in places like japan,france,malaysia,abu dhabi,etc
    Iwonder if Japan has a place for me

  8. 229
    Pete said (1 October 2009 at 7:25 pm)

    Hello everyone! Wow, there are so many of these forums.

    So, I am a second year university student in Canada and my major is East Asian Language and Culture studies… I have been very passionate and diligent about studying Japanese history, culture and most of all language for about the past 5 years. Despite my 3rd gen. Canadian background I feel very connected to and appreciative of the Wabi and Shinto ideas. I am planning on spending a year at a Japanese university for my third year, coming back to Canada and finishing my degree here.

    Upon graduation I have one of two things that I would like to do.
    1. Attend graduate school in Japan and obtain my masters and/or doctorate there.
    2. Move to Japan, get a career and settle there.

    I know both of these are not easy tasks, but I am never satisfied with easy goals.

    First obstacle:
    I am not from a wealthy family (not totally poor either) and I myself get through University on student loans, bursaries, scholarships, and a little help from my wonderful parents.

    How feasible is it to move there upon graduation without piles of money?
    I am ok with getting an English teaching or Eikaiwa job to get over there, possibly changing later, possibly not. If I can manage to fund graduate study then I would likely consider making a career out of research and scholarly tasks.
    Will I be able to do so with a student debt and if so how hard is it to pay for student loan payments while living abroad?

    Second obstacle:
    I am 26 now and will not graduate from my program until just before my 29th birthday. (I went back to school late)
    I have heard and read that there can be age restrictions on visas.
    Is it possible to be too old to move to Japan?

    Any kind words of advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you all very much!

  9. 230
    Bennett said (2 October 2009 at 5:29 pm)

    As far as I know, a spouse visa becomes invalid if you get divorced.

  10. 231
    Bennett said (2 October 2009 at 5:36 pm)

    The easiest way for you to judge is to go to Japan yourself. English teaching could be a good option. Also, assuming you are a Canadian citizen you will be eligible for a working holiday visa until you turn 31. (For what it’s worth, I was 32 when I got my Japanese working visa.)

    Once you are there you will be able to investigate your options. If your Japanese language skills are good (and it sounds as if they will be) then things will be a lot easier. Good luck!

  11. 232
    Lee Anne said (21 October 2009 at 12:24 pm)


    I’m from the Philippines and currently working as a teacher in Tokyo. My husband is with me as my dependent. Can my parents and brother come here and stay with us as well?


  12. 233
    Bennett said (21 October 2009 at 7:23 pm)

    Lee Anne, I don’t think so. I believe dependent visas are only available to husbands, wives and children under 18.

  13. 234
    Deepak said (2 November 2009 at 10:29 pm)

    I would like to work in Japan, i want to have working visa of Japan, i want to utilize my qualification in Japan. please i need your guidance.

  14. 235
    dhels said (10 November 2009 at 5:02 pm)


    i am a filipina working in a private company here in the Philippines, me and my american boss will attend a business meeting in Japan maybe next year.
    how can i get a tourist visa for me and my american boss?


  15. 236
    Snehal said (23 November 2009 at 7:40 pm)

    I am from india,my husband is currently in japan.I am coming to japan on tourist visa.As my husband having buisness visa.His Buisness visa is going to get converted into work permit in next month.Are we able to convert my tourist visa to dependant visa from Japan itself?

  16. 237
    amjad ali said (17 December 2009 at 2:55 am)

    Respect Sir , i m from pakistan, i am working in WAPAD(pesco) i have 10 years experiance in field work as a line man gave me a chance for
    work visa,
    amjad ali

  17. 238
    Anand Sukhadia said (26 December 2009 at 12:15 am)

    hi!this is Anand Sukhadia .frm Kheda (Gujarat, India) i want know, what is procedure of getting visit visa of japan?is that possible to get working visa for Indian people?and how can we find agent of japan for working visa?
    kindly reply me.

  18. 239
    korosh said (3 January 2010 at 3:31 am)

    i need visa and work

  19. 240
    William said (7 January 2010 at 5:53 pm)

    Hi everyone..!!

    I`m a foreigner who came in Japan year 2000. During my stay i pursue mu studies undergaduate + master studies in japanese university for 7 year. After graduate i direct join to a Big Japanese company , now working for 3 yeard. Form my working visa (First 1 year given ,after 3year given). Until now I have stay in Japan for 10years.
    My question is , I would like to apply for Permanent resident (PR) . Is there any chance of getting the PR after working for 3+ years and paying Taxs..!!
    Is there anyone who obtain PR after changing form Student visa to working VISA and work for just only 3+..?
    Please i would like to hear form you guys..!!!!
    Any advaice or hint related to this..!!

  20. 241
    Jane said (10 January 2010 at 8:47 am)

    Wow, Janet. You are a jerk. I think it is not your business and you should leave it alone. If she messes with your life, ask her not to. Tell her you know about her visa. But, telling just because you can is cruel. And, it will probably come back to you.

Comment pages: « 18 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 1819 »

Post a comment