Sponsored visa

The following are some readers' comments. You can also read the full article: Sponsored visa.

Related reading

Visa Eligibility

Foreigners are not allowed to work in Japan unless they have an appropriate Japanese work visa. There are a few...

Work visa process

When you enter Japan, you will probably be on a 90 day tourist visa exemption. Holders of certain passports (e.g....

Dependent Visa

There has been some discussion in the Visa eligibility section about whether you are allowed to work if you have...

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

The Visa section on the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs website has all the official information about Japanese immigration, visa...

Bank account in Tokyo

I wanted to open a bank account when I first moved to Tokyo. It turned out to be quite difficult:...

316 comments on “Sponsored visa”

Comment pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 1116 »

  1. 57
    Priscilla said (10 July 2006 at 5:21 pm)

    My boyfriend is in the navy stationed here in Japan. I am on a tourist visa (and I am a U.S citizen) right now and it will expire in a little over a month. We are looking into trying to extend my visa but so far Im not even sure if that is an option for us. Should I try to call immigration and explain the situation and see if they will extend it? We were also thinking about having me leave the country for a couple days then come back. Would they not allow me to come back into the country to visit him? Are there any options that we may have overlooked or are unaware of? I would like to stay in Japan with him until his orders are up next June and we are trying to see what we can do besides get married to make that happen.

  2. 58
    Solaiman said (24 July 2006 at 12:58 am)

    Dear One, I wants to go japan for work,is it possible to get visa.Pls tell me how can i apply for the japanes visa.Kindly reply me on my YAHOO Contacts is khansolaiman@yahoo.com.Thanks

  3. 59
    Solaiman said (24 July 2006 at 1:10 am)

    How can i get visit visa to japan,where i can get all needful details about the visa from doha-qatar.

  4. 60
    Chris said (21 August 2006 at 12:31 am)

    I was reading a post about having degree to obtain a work visa. You had mentioned that 10 years of work experience may be equivalent to a degree and that you would look that up. Just wondering if you found anything out on that.

  5. 61
    koirala keshabprasad said (29 August 2006 at 10:26 pm)

    please give me visa for 1month. i want to know your culture .

  6. 62
    Nalani said (13 September 2006 at 12:04 pm)

    Do you need a work visa to do demonstrations or workshops in Japan.
    I would like to do workshops teaching the art Hawaiian quilting. Someone told me this was not allowed.They say I cannot charge fees if I have a workshop? These workshops would be once a year and is only 3-4 days long. Any guidance appreciated.

  7. 63
    chris said (20 September 2006 at 1:26 pm)


    I am currently working for a large english school with many branches in Japan, but my visa will expire next June and I intend to leave my company in January. I’d like to work part-time for a smaller, locally run conversation school. Are these schools generally willing to sponsor a visa for a part-time worker?

  8. 64
    yinminsoe said (20 September 2006 at 2:29 pm)

    I am currently working as a java programmer in J Soft Systems in Myanmar since 2003.I want to apply a java programmer position for Application Development in japan company.I am now trying to complete Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 3.I am really need to get work visa and those job.I have been graduated with Bachelor of Computer Sciences.
    Can I get a visa to work and live in japan ?

    Please help me.

  9. 65
    pearly said (22 September 2006 at 11:11 pm)

    I am finished studying caregiver but i did not graduate 4year in any course.nijon no caigo dekimasu ka?I love to work in japan.im here now in Philippines,mada chance arimasu ka?

  10. 66
    ali khan said (10 November 2006 at 5:06 am)

    multnational company in japan help me to find any jobs in japan i love japan
    japanes culture.can i get a visa to work and live in japan .companys to sponsor
    me and i ready to work. Thanks contact me msn hotamil

  11. 67
    Nick said (10 December 2006 at 9:37 am)

    Ok..so an employer needs to sponsor you which I already knew. I plead no contest to a misdemenaor resisting an offer over 3 years ago. Would that prohibit me from teaching english in Japan for ALT or Nova?

  12. 68
    Bennett said (10 December 2006 at 10:29 am)

    Nick, only ALT and Nova can answer that question definitively.

  13. 69
    lan said (5 January 2007 at 9:49 pm)

    i am in japan now with a visitor visa until March of 2007, and i am going to find a company which like to hire me and then help me to apply a work visa. i just do not know how to find the sponsors in japan as i am not japanese and not speak japanese very well and do not know hwo can be trusted. can you give me some suggestions with finding a sponsor in japan?

  14. 70
    Bennett said (6 January 2007 at 6:38 pm)

    Ian, usually the sponsor is also the employer. There’s quite a lot of information on this website that may be relevant. Happy reading!

  15. 71
    joanne said (14 January 2007 at 1:12 am)

    The husband of my aunt wants to employ me as a factory worker. He has a business in Japan. The problem is he doesn’t know how to sponsor me because it is his first time to employ a foreigner. And what type of visa will he apply for me? Thanks in advance!

  16. 72
    Olivier said (29 January 2007 at 11:50 pm)

    Hi Bennett,

    Here is a short resume of my background. I’ve done a 1 year intensive technical collegial course in 2001-2002. Until this time I’ve worked in IT and currently have 5+ years of experience. I’ve been looking with recruiters from japan for the last months. Lately I’ve receive a letter from one of them telling me that I didn’t qualify for sponsorship. He was telling me that I need a University degree OR 10+ years of experience.

    I would like to know if you can have a sponsor and have a working visa if you don’t fulfill theses requirement?


  17. 73
    md. shariful islam said (31 January 2007 at 5:17 pm)

    i am a temporary visitor living in japan for about two months.
    i have completed my sixteen years school education from science group.
    i would like to have a working visa.is it possible?
    if possible then could you please help me in this concern?

  18. 74
    jeck said (8 February 2007 at 2:04 am)

    hi. I am A filipin jin, last dec 23 i went to the phils came from japan as a talent. My auntie has a friend in Japan, he is a nihon jin. He had a company somewhere in Ibaraki-ken. The nihon jin wants to sponsor me a visa to work for him, but he did’nt know how to process all the necessary papers to do so. please me help to this matter. I really like to work in Japan, because here in the phils I am jobless.

  19. 75
    jeck said (8 February 2007 at 2:16 am)

    In addition to that sir with my previous post, the company of the nihon jin is a construction company. I finished college but 2 years degree only. but he really like to help me to go back to Japan. please help me. tnx a lot.

  20. 76
    ericka said (17 March 2007 at 2:57 am)

    I’m an overstay and i have a child now from a foriegner.he is a nikijin and had a 3 years visa.is there any way or chance for us to have visa even we dont get married,because he doesn’t want to get married.if ever there is please teach me how to process and all the necessary documents.please response me soon so that i could make some steps my child is one month now.thank you so much……..

Comment pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 1116 »

Post a comment