Sponsored visa

The following are some readers' comments. You can also read the full article: Sponsored visa.

Related reading

Visa Eligibility

Foreigners are not allowed to work in Japan unless they have an appropriate Japanese work visa. There are a few...

Work visa process

When you enter Japan, you will probably be on a 90 day tourist visa exemption. Holders of certain passports (e.g....

Dependent Visa

There has been some discussion in the Visa eligibility section about whether you are allowed to work if you have...

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

The Visa section on the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs website has all the official information about Japanese immigration, visa...

Bank account in Tokyo

I wanted to open a bank account when I first moved to Tokyo. It turned out to be quite difficult:...

292 comments on “Sponsored visa”

Comment pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 1115 »

  1. 93
    Bennett said (19 August 2007 at 1:11 pm)

    Shil, you have the work visa by virtue of being sponsored by your company. If you resign, your company is supposed to tell the Immigration Department. Your visa will then become invalid and you will have to leave the country.

    In practice, this often does not happen, and you simply stay on using your current visa until it expires, then apply for a new one with your new employer. But I don’t think this is strictly correct procedure.

  2. 94
    Love said (5 September 2007 at 4:59 pm)

    Hi! I am looking for an employer or sponsors who could help me work in japan. I’m 29 from the Philippines.

  3. 95
    yvonny said (13 September 2007 at 2:04 am)

    i just want to ask a question about sponsored visa.can my grandmother who is a japanese citizen can sponsor me? or guarrantor me? so that i can stay here in nihon for a long time? pls.. help

  4. 96
    bernice said (2 November 2007 at 12:37 am)

    hi!could you please help me….im a trainee here in japan and soon my contract is finished, i want to go back here and i have an employer and that is where i am working with right now, the problem is i dont know what are the requirements are and how can i come back here….

  5. 97
    sarker said (2 December 2007 at 4:40 am)


  6. 98
    Mitchell said (12 December 2007 at 7:58 pm)


    I have been living in Japan on working holiday visa teaching kindergarten,recently i returned home to Sydney, i have 4 years experience teaching and hold a 3 year degree. recently I have been asked by a company to come work for them, and they have applied for the cert of eligibility, i dont know too much about the company, as it is very young, but do you think this should be enough for a visa? Anything other info or advice you could give me? Thanks,

  7. 99
    Bennett said (13 December 2007 at 6:43 pm)

    Mitchell, that might be enough. Even if your own qualifications and experience are OK, remember that the Immigration people evaluate the sponsoring company as well as you. There’s no way of knowing other than waiting to see what the decision is.

  8. 100
    vasantha said (17 December 2007 at 4:17 am)

    Dear I am srilankan coming to japan to find volunteers who like to work in the school for small children pleas write me

  9. 101
    katongole said (23 December 2007 at 3:49 am)

    i have worked in a car care product, used motor spare parts business for 10 years mainly for japan made. i want to get job for any company and we share ideas, business knowledge how to export those spare parts to Uganda.please any one willing contact me

  10. 102
    S.M.ENAMUL HOQUE said (14 January 2008 at 7:21 pm)



  11. 103
    Henry said (1 February 2008 at 5:50 am)

    Hi Shil. I am an IT professional with 2 years of taught Japanese language. I would like to send to you my Cover letter&Resume. I am currently residing in USA. I want to come stay in Japan. Maybe you could help me? What is your Email, here is mine. hhamilton2006@gmail.com

  12. 104
    harry said (5 February 2008 at 12:52 pm)

    Good day.. I worked in Japan for 8 years straight. I don’t have legal papers by that time. I am now in the Philippines and My employer wants me back to his company and I just want to ask what form they have to fill out for me to have an employer sponsored visa.

    thank You,

  13. 105
    liz said (5 February 2008 at 9:52 pm)

    hi!im here in abu dhabi right now for work.but now the status of mu company is not.so im planning to go in japan coz theres a lot of opportunity there.i have a friend residing in japan for 20 years she can sponsored a visa for me or not?

  14. 106
    Muhammad Atif Khan said (28 February 2008 at 5:49 am)

    i have a u sponsored me i have a good knowledge of Computer Software and Hardware Skills and Ms Office / Office Assistant sir plz give me a jobs Computer Operator, Clerk, Data Entry Clerk and Potostat machine Operator

  15. 107
    Faiz Ahamed said (4 March 2008 at 3:03 am)


    Iam intrested to work in japan, i had completed degree in computer science
    i also know networking,system administrator in linux as a fresher.if any opportunity pls send reply


  16. 108
    rochelle said (7 March 2008 at 11:16 pm)

    hi,im rochelle in the philippines. me i just ask a question? I have a sister in aichi japan their company with his husband want me to work there but i’ll have to get a working visa for just one year. could you help me how to do with it… or i’ll just have to go in the japanese embassy to apply a working visa…. pls do help me on this matter?

  17. 109
    zenith said (26 March 2008 at 2:39 pm)

    my father is nikijin.both my father & mother have a japanesse visa, is it possible that i could go to japan easily or it may require a long process before i could enter japa.

  18. 110
    zenith said (26 March 2008 at 2:40 pm)

    my father is nikijin.both my father & mother have a japanesse visa, is it possible that i could go to japan easily or it may require a long process before i could enter japan.

  19. 111
    sheen said (2 April 2008 at 9:39 pm)

    i want to work in japan…im a 2yr programming course graduate last 1999…and i want to have a sponsor atleast for 6mos…can a japanese proprietor sponsor me for that? pls help me…

  20. 112
    aliakberkhan said (7 April 2008 at 5:12 pm)

    I am from bangladesh i need work in japan right now i am working in dubai so if any comany need call me 971507146675 i kow arabic , english,hindi urdu littale russion

Comment pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 1115 »

Post a comment