Comment pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 1112 »

Dakota said (17 April 2006 at 11:27 am)

I have a question. Im currently on an enginner visa and it will expire on May. I quit my last job december and started looking for work in January. I got another job end of February but its only semifull time. I am employer but listed as part time in the company. Do I have to change my visa? but I have to renew it soon so I figured Ill just apply for my visa extension but will my current situation be a problem. Thank you I really appreciate the advice

Gurminder Singh said (8 May 2006 at 5:27 pm)

I am a Marine Engineer working on oil-tankers, I wannna settel in Japan, if I work for some Japanese shiping company, will they sponser my visa?? Kindly help me on this query.

kimi said (17 May 2006 at 8:14 pm)

Dear Bennett,

I have returned back to the states from Japan after my 3 month tourist visa ran out and I tried to re-enter on another tourist visa a few days later because i had found a company which was interested in sponsoring me and had guaranteed me a position and I was denied entry at the gates. They gave me a really hard time and I mentioned that a company wanted to sponsor my visa and both me and the company (0ver the phone) tried to tell the inspector that it is completely legal to change my visa from tourist to working visa while i am in Japan, however, the officials did not look kindly upon my cause and flew me back to the states on the same day.

Now, that company has dropped me, but I have other companies that are offering sponsorship, they do not know the procedure, they have never sponsored visas before, and I am not a degree holder, but I do have the experience necessary to make me qualified. I am so worried that the immigration is going to give me a hard time about this last mess which was completely blown out of proportion but left an ugly mark on my passport, and seeing that these companies are asking me to tell them how to sponsor my visa step by step…I am not sure what I should do at this point.

I want to be in Japan while the visa is processing..I want to be there in the next week if possible. How can I get permission to stay while awaiting a response from immigration?

Bennett said (19 May 2006 at 9:03 am)

There are a few comments on this website that talk about immigration difficulties — people being refused entry in to Japan, or even being arrested for not having the proper visa. I have no direct experience of this, but these problems do happen.

Kimi, the immigration authorities do get suspicious sometimes when people leave Japan and try to come back just a few days later as a tourist. I know people who have done this, but other people have problems. It is up to the judgement of the immigration officials who deal with you — they will take many things into account, such as your history of visiting Japan and your nationality.

grace said (25 May 2006 at 10:35 pm)

i just finished a law degree in the Philippines and is currently reveiwing for the bar exams. what chances do ihave to be employed in Japan? how will i be able to find an employer who would sponsor my entry in Japan?

ilja said (26 May 2006 at 8:49 pm)

i´ve read in an article that you can enter japan as a tourist, then if you found work your visa can be changed into a working visa? is there something true about it.
    how difficult is it for a company to sponsor you? do they have a lot of hustles to do so?

Bennett said (1 June 2006 at 9:04 am)

Ilja (and Kimi), it is possible to change from a tourist visa exemption to a work visa without leaving Japan — I did this in 2002. However, whether it is possible to change from a tourist visa to a work visa may depend on your individual circumstances.

The company that wishes to employ you should apply for a Certificate of Eligibility for you. They send this to you and you take it to a Japanese embassy in your country. The embassy stamps your passport. Then when you arrive in Japan, they issue your work visa.

The company needs to contact the immigration department about the Certificate of Eligibility. It can take a while to complete the procedure — that’s why many companies are unwilling to sponsor foreigners.

Carl said (17 June 2006 at 12:16 am)

I am married to a japanese lady, my spouse visa is valid until 2008, (originally 3 years visa) she , now wants to divorce BUT the permanent residency visa had been requested 6 months ago, can she go to the immigration office and cancel her sponsorship about my permanent visa demand? OR the divorce has to be executed to do so?
    Thanks!

Priscilla said (10 July 2006 at 5:21 pm)

My boyfriend is in the navy stationed here in Japan. I am on a tourist visa (and I am a U.S citizen) right now and it will expire in a little over a month. We are looking into trying to extend my visa but so far Im not even sure if that is an option for us. Should I try to call immigration and explain the situation and see if they will extend it? We were also thinking about having me leave the country for a couple days then come back. Would they not allow me to come back into the country to visit him? Are there any options that we may have overlooked or are unaware of? I would like to stay in Japan with him until his orders are up next June and we are trying to see what we can do besides get married to make that happen.

Solaiman said (24 July 2006 at 12:58 am)

Dear One, I wants to go japan for work,is it possible to get visa.Pls tell me how can i apply for the japanes visa.Kindly reply me on my YAHOO Contacts is khansolaiman@yahoo.com.Thanks

Solaiman said (24 July 2006 at 1:10 am)

How can i get visit visa to japan,where i can get all needful details about the visa from doha-qatar.

Chris said (21 August 2006 at 12:31 am)

I was reading a post about having degree to obtain a work visa. You had mentioned that 10 years of work experience may be equivalent to a degree and that you would look that up. Just wondering if you found anything out on that.

koirala keshabprasad said (29 August 2006 at 10:26 pm)

please give me visa for 1month. i want to know your culture .

Nalani said (13 September 2006 at 12:04 pm)

Do you need a work visa to do demonstrations or workshops in Japan.
    I would like to do workshops teaching the art Hawaiian quilting. Someone told me this was not allowed.They say I cannot charge fees if I have a workshop? These workshops would be once a year and is only 3-4 days long. Any guidance appreciated.

chris said (20 September 2006 at 1:26 pm)

Konnichiwa,

I am currently working for a large english school with many branches in Japan, but my visa will expire next June and I intend to leave my company in January. I’d like to work part-time for a smaller, locally run conversation school. Are these schools generally willing to sponsor a visa for a part-time worker?

yinminsoe said (20 September 2006 at 2:29 pm)

I am currently working as a java programmer in J Soft Systems in Myanmar since 2003.I want to apply a java programmer position for Application Development in japan company.I am now trying to complete Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 3.I am really need to get work visa and those job.I have been graduated with Bachelor of Computer Sciences.
    Can I get a visa to work and live in japan ?

Please help me.

pearly said (22 September 2006 at 11:11 pm)

I am finished studying caregiver but i did not graduate 4year in any course.nijon no caigo dekimasu ka?I love to work in japan.im here now in Philippines,mada chance arimasu ka?

ali khan said (10 November 2006 at 5:06 am)

multnational company in japan help me to find any jobs in japan i love japan
    japanes culture.can i get a visa to work and live in japan .companys to sponsor
    me and i ready to work. Thanks contact me msn hotamil
    alikhan61@hotmail.com

Nick said (10 December 2006 at 9:37 am)

Ok..so an employer needs to sponsor you which I already knew. I plead no contest to a misdemenaor resisting an offer over 3 years ago. Would that prohibit me from teaching english in Japan for ALT or Nova?

Bennett said (10 December 2006 at 10:29 am)

Nick, only ALT and Nova can answer that question definitively.

Comment pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 1112 »