Comment pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1112 »

Jacqui said (12 January 2006 at 8:52 pm)

I currently have a working holiday visa and am on my last 6 months. I am working at a design company and they have offered to sponsor me. I do not have degree but I do have a 2 year diploma and I have worked for 3 and a half years as a designer in my own company, I have a small port folio with me in Japan with mainly school projects and a few commercial projects from my current job. Is it possible for me to get a design working visa if I don’t have a degree?

PARAG MALHOTRA said (10 February 2006 at 11:13 pm)

Dear Sir,

I am CEO, Of an Export company. I wants to visit Japan for my Business Promotion of my company. I need a temporary visa of around 90 days of six month. I am from India. I dont have any 4 years degree like B.A. or B.S.c.

I have a customer who can sponsor my trip and i also have a meeting with him in japan for our furthe business relationship, Also i wants to meet some existing buyers. For my business. Pls tell me how can i apply for the japanes visa pls tell me any URL Address from where i can get all the needful details about the visa.

Hope for the favourable reply from you very soon.

Hanelyn said (20 February 2006 at 12:39 am)

I am a woman in my late 20s and is looking for ways to work in Japan as a caregiver. I read in a recent article that Japan requires about 500000 caregivers, both medically skilled and unskilled. I am not a nurse but definitely very good in taking care of the aged and also children.
    I would really appreciate it if you could give me some information on how to start the process of applying for the job. And more importantly, the visa procedure.
    Thanks and please do reply.

as reddy said (22 February 2006 at 9:08 pm)

I completed 3 years full time diploma in engineering and I have 2 years work experience. I got job in Japan, they only ready to sponser me for visa, for my qualification, is it possible to get visa.

Thank you very much.

Matty.B said (6 March 2006 at 7:35 pm)

Hi, I have been living in japan for 6 months. I have a small question about work visa. I am currently on a wk hol. visa, I have no ba. But I have around 4 months teaching experience in japan 2 and half years volunteer teaching in europe and back home in australia with mentally disadvantaged children. I also have an associate degree in design, as well as completing an apprenticeship and school. I have just landed a job in honshuu and they wish to sponsor me.
    Do you think i will get the work visa? I am an australian citizen and i have relevant work experience teaching and an employer who is going to assist me. Whats my chances or do you reckon i should stay on the wk hol. visa. i have renewed it once and i think i can do it a couple more times being aussie.
    thanks for your advice.
    Matty Bonkura

Bennett said (2 April 2006 at 8:34 am)

A few people have asked whether they will be able to get a visa without a full university degree. You don’t always need a degree, but you need some sort of proven experience. As it says above:

If you have anything less then things will be more difficult. For example, if you have a 2-year degree or diploma, or an MBA from an instituation nobody has heard of, then you and your potential employer will have to argue your case with the immigration department.

Relevant experience definitely helps. I think I remember reading that ten years of relevant work experience may be considered equivalent to a degree. I will try to find find a reference for this.

ibrahim adedamola said (4 April 2006 at 4:30 am)

i am a furniture maker ,can i get a visa to work and live in japan

michelle said (5 April 2006 at 9:24 pm)

my visitors visa recently expired and i need to find out what to do. im scared to go to immigration because i heard that they arrest you on the spot. my fiance is in the navy and is based here. i recently found out i was pregnant and thats why i havent left yet.i have been seeing a japanese doctor. my fiance gets out of the navy in june but im afraid the longer i wait to leave the more trouble i’ll be in. what to i do about my expired visitors visa? it expired march 27.

Dakota said (17 April 2006 at 11:27 am)

I have a question. Im currently on an enginner visa and it will expire on May. I quit my last job december and started looking for work in January. I got another job end of February but its only semifull time. I am employer but listed as part time in the company. Do I have to change my visa? but I have to renew it soon so I figured Ill just apply for my visa extension but will my current situation be a problem. Thank you I really appreciate the advice

Gurminder Singh said (8 May 2006 at 5:27 pm)

I am a Marine Engineer working on oil-tankers, I wannna settel in Japan, if I work for some Japanese shiping company, will they sponser my visa?? Kindly help me on this query.

kimi said (17 May 2006 at 8:14 pm)

Dear Bennett,

I have returned back to the states from Japan after my 3 month tourist visa ran out and I tried to re-enter on another tourist visa a few days later because i had found a company which was interested in sponsoring me and had guaranteed me a position and I was denied entry at the gates. They gave me a really hard time and I mentioned that a company wanted to sponsor my visa and both me and the company (0ver the phone) tried to tell the inspector that it is completely legal to change my visa from tourist to working visa while i am in Japan, however, the officials did not look kindly upon my cause and flew me back to the states on the same day.

Now, that company has dropped me, but I have other companies that are offering sponsorship, they do not know the procedure, they have never sponsored visas before, and I am not a degree holder, but I do have the experience necessary to make me qualified. I am so worried that the immigration is going to give me a hard time about this last mess which was completely blown out of proportion but left an ugly mark on my passport, and seeing that these companies are asking me to tell them how to sponsor my visa step by step…I am not sure what I should do at this point.

I want to be in Japan while the visa is processing..I want to be there in the next week if possible. How can I get permission to stay while awaiting a response from immigration?

Bennett said (19 May 2006 at 9:03 am)

There are a few comments on this website that talk about immigration difficulties — people being refused entry in to Japan, or even being arrested for not having the proper visa. I have no direct experience of this, but these problems do happen.

Kimi, the immigration authorities do get suspicious sometimes when people leave Japan and try to come back just a few days later as a tourist. I know people who have done this, but other people have problems. It is up to the judgement of the immigration officials who deal with you — they will take many things into account, such as your history of visiting Japan and your nationality.

grace said (25 May 2006 at 10:35 pm)

i just finished a law degree in the Philippines and is currently reveiwing for the bar exams. what chances do ihave to be employed in Japan? how will i be able to find an employer who would sponsor my entry in Japan?

ilja said (26 May 2006 at 8:49 pm)

i´ve read in an article that you can enter japan as a tourist, then if you found work your visa can be changed into a working visa? is there something true about it.
    how difficult is it for a company to sponsor you? do they have a lot of hustles to do so?

Bennett said (1 June 2006 at 9:04 am)

Ilja (and Kimi), it is possible to change from a tourist visa exemption to a work visa without leaving Japan — I did this in 2002. However, whether it is possible to change from a tourist visa to a work visa may depend on your individual circumstances.

The company that wishes to employ you should apply for a Certificate of Eligibility for you. They send this to you and you take it to a Japanese embassy in your country. The embassy stamps your passport. Then when you arrive in Japan, they issue your work visa.

The company needs to contact the immigration department about the Certificate of Eligibility. It can take a while to complete the procedure — that’s why many companies are unwilling to sponsor foreigners.

Carl said (17 June 2006 at 12:16 am)

I am married to a japanese lady, my spouse visa is valid until 2008, (originally 3 years visa) she , now wants to divorce BUT the permanent residency visa had been requested 6 months ago, can she go to the immigration office and cancel her sponsorship about my permanent visa demand? OR the divorce has to be executed to do so?
    Thanks!

Priscilla said (10 July 2006 at 5:21 pm)

My boyfriend is in the navy stationed here in Japan. I am on a tourist visa (and I am a U.S citizen) right now and it will expire in a little over a month. We are looking into trying to extend my visa but so far Im not even sure if that is an option for us. Should I try to call immigration and explain the situation and see if they will extend it? We were also thinking about having me leave the country for a couple days then come back. Would they not allow me to come back into the country to visit him? Are there any options that we may have overlooked or are unaware of? I would like to stay in Japan with him until his orders are up next June and we are trying to see what we can do besides get married to make that happen.

Solaiman said (24 July 2006 at 12:58 am)

Dear One, I wants to go japan for work,is it possible to get visa.Pls tell me how can i apply for the japanes visa.Kindly reply me on my YAHOO Contacts is khansolaiman@yahoo.com.Thanks

Solaiman said (24 July 2006 at 1:10 am)

How can i get visit visa to japan,where i can get all needful details about the visa from doha-qatar.

Chris said (21 August 2006 at 12:31 am)

I was reading a post about having degree to obtain a work visa. You had mentioned that 10 years of work experience may be equivalent to a degree and that you would look that up. Just wondering if you found anything out on that.

Comment pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1112 »