Comment pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1112 »

Bennett said (27 October 2005 at 10:42 am)

Marija, I have never heard of any minimum bank account requirements to go to Japan. I arrived in Japan as a tourist, and then after about 3 months I got sponsored by an employer and obtained my work visa. At no point did anybody ask how much money I had. (I was using an Irish passport; I don’t suppose Canadians are treated much differently.)

The only requirement was that I had to have a ticket to leave Japan before my tourist visa exemption expired. If you try to arrive in Japan on a one-way ticket then maybe there are additional requirements. (This is probably true for most countries, not just Japan.)

jon said (22 November 2005 at 8:13 am)

i am 25 years old. i am half japanese half irish, but when i became 22 i renounced to my japanese nationality and now i have irish nationality. my girlfriend is here right at the moment and she is japanese. i want to go to live in japan with her now but i dont have any university degree. i am fluent in spanish and english. i would like to learn work and study in japan. i want to know what are my possibilities right now? could i get my japanese nationality back?
    sorry to say but at this moment i am quite desparate.

Bennett said (22 November 2005 at 3:42 pm)

Jon, I would be surprised if you could re-acquire Japanese citizenship — at any rate, you would almost certainly have to give up your Irish citizenship. Of course you should check with your local Japanese embassy.

As an Irish citizen, you can stay in Japan as a tourist for six months (you get an initial three, and can apply for an extension). You’re theoretically allowed to look for work during this time, but not to start work. See the rest of this website for more details.

Tim said (19 December 2005 at 5:04 am)

What are the current requirements for a working holiday visa in Japan, as opposed to the sponsered work visa? Do you have to have a job to go to in Japan before being approved for a WHV? Time to be issued and approved? I have an Australian passport…. and also contacts in my line of work in Hokkaido….
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Nath said (21 December 2005 at 4:26 am)

I am on dependent visa, meaning no permission to work. Is it possible to change my status to work visa while in Japan without going back to my country? If possible, do you know any link to visa sponsoring company? I have surfed long time ago but found only those who employ only people having permission to work in Japan. What should I do? Your advise means lots to my future career and life.

Bennett said (22 December 2005 at 6:21 am)

Tim, the working holiday visa is intended to allow young people on vacation in Japan to work to supplement their income. As such you don’t need to have a job. The only requirement I know of (other then being a citizen of an approved country like Australia) is that you are aged between 18 and 30 inclusive.

You should contact your local embassy for application details. I don’t know how long it would take to be issued, but it would probably take several weeks for your certificate of eligibility to be issued. When you arrive in Japan you exchange this for your WHV, and it will be valid for (I think) a year from that date.

Nath, you can apply for permission to work part-time on your dependent visa. If you want to get a full work visa then you will need to find a sponsor — if you have skills that are in demand then you may be able to do this. If not then other have recommended starting off with part-time work and building up contacts.

Jacqui said (12 January 2006 at 8:52 pm)

I currently have a working holiday visa and am on my last 6 months. I am working at a design company and they have offered to sponsor me. I do not have degree but I do have a 2 year diploma and I have worked for 3 and a half years as a designer in my own company, I have a small port folio with me in Japan with mainly school projects and a few commercial projects from my current job. Is it possible for me to get a design working visa if I don’t have a degree?

PARAG MALHOTRA said (10 February 2006 at 11:13 pm)

Dear Sir,

I am CEO, Of an Export company. I wants to visit Japan for my Business Promotion of my company. I need a temporary visa of around 90 days of six month. I am from India. I dont have any 4 years degree like B.A. or B.S.c.

I have a customer who can sponsor my trip and i also have a meeting with him in japan for our furthe business relationship, Also i wants to meet some existing buyers. For my business. Pls tell me how can i apply for the japanes visa pls tell me any URL Address from where i can get all the needful details about the visa.

Hope for the favourable reply from you very soon.

Hanelyn said (20 February 2006 at 12:39 am)

I am a woman in my late 20s and is looking for ways to work in Japan as a caregiver. I read in a recent article that Japan requires about 500000 caregivers, both medically skilled and unskilled. I am not a nurse but definitely very good in taking care of the aged and also children.
    I would really appreciate it if you could give me some information on how to start the process of applying for the job. And more importantly, the visa procedure.
    Thanks and please do reply.

as reddy said (22 February 2006 at 9:08 pm)

I completed 3 years full time diploma in engineering and I have 2 years work experience. I got job in Japan, they only ready to sponser me for visa, for my qualification, is it possible to get visa.

Thank you very much.

Matty.B said (6 March 2006 at 7:35 pm)

Hi, I have been living in japan for 6 months. I have a small question about work visa. I am currently on a wk hol. visa, I have no ba. But I have around 4 months teaching experience in japan 2 and half years volunteer teaching in europe and back home in australia with mentally disadvantaged children. I also have an associate degree in design, as well as completing an apprenticeship and school. I have just landed a job in honshuu and they wish to sponsor me.
    Do you think i will get the work visa? I am an australian citizen and i have relevant work experience teaching and an employer who is going to assist me. Whats my chances or do you reckon i should stay on the wk hol. visa. i have renewed it once and i think i can do it a couple more times being aussie.
    thanks for your advice.
    Matty Bonkura

Bennett said (2 April 2006 at 8:34 am)

A few people have asked whether they will be able to get a visa without a full university degree. You don’t always need a degree, but you need some sort of proven experience. As it says above:

If you have anything less then things will be more difficult. For example, if you have a 2-year degree or diploma, or an MBA from an instituation nobody has heard of, then you and your potential employer will have to argue your case with the immigration department.

Relevant experience definitely helps. I think I remember reading that ten years of relevant work experience may be considered equivalent to a degree. I will try to find find a reference for this.

ibrahim adedamola said (4 April 2006 at 4:30 am)

i am a furniture maker ,can i get a visa to work and live in japan

michelle said (5 April 2006 at 9:24 pm)

my visitors visa recently expired and i need to find out what to do. im scared to go to immigration because i heard that they arrest you on the spot. my fiance is in the navy and is based here. i recently found out i was pregnant and thats why i havent left yet.i have been seeing a japanese doctor. my fiance gets out of the navy in june but im afraid the longer i wait to leave the more trouble i’ll be in. what to i do about my expired visitors visa? it expired march 27.

Dakota said (17 April 2006 at 11:27 am)

I have a question. Im currently on an enginner visa and it will expire on May. I quit my last job december and started looking for work in January. I got another job end of February but its only semifull time. I am employer but listed as part time in the company. Do I have to change my visa? but I have to renew it soon so I figured Ill just apply for my visa extension but will my current situation be a problem. Thank you I really appreciate the advice

Gurminder Singh said (8 May 2006 at 5:27 pm)

I am a Marine Engineer working on oil-tankers, I wannna settel in Japan, if I work for some Japanese shiping company, will they sponser my visa?? Kindly help me on this query.

kimi said (17 May 2006 at 8:14 pm)

Dear Bennett,

I have returned back to the states from Japan after my 3 month tourist visa ran out and I tried to re-enter on another tourist visa a few days later because i had found a company which was interested in sponsoring me and had guaranteed me a position and I was denied entry at the gates. They gave me a really hard time and I mentioned that a company wanted to sponsor my visa and both me and the company (0ver the phone) tried to tell the inspector that it is completely legal to change my visa from tourist to working visa while i am in Japan, however, the officials did not look kindly upon my cause and flew me back to the states on the same day.

Now, that company has dropped me, but I have other companies that are offering sponsorship, they do not know the procedure, they have never sponsored visas before, and I am not a degree holder, but I do have the experience necessary to make me qualified. I am so worried that the immigration is going to give me a hard time about this last mess which was completely blown out of proportion but left an ugly mark on my passport, and seeing that these companies are asking me to tell them how to sponsor my visa step by step…I am not sure what I should do at this point.

I want to be in Japan while the visa is processing..I want to be there in the next week if possible. How can I get permission to stay while awaiting a response from immigration?

Bennett said (19 May 2006 at 9:03 am)

There are a few comments on this website that talk about immigration difficulties — people being refused entry in to Japan, or even being arrested for not having the proper visa. I have no direct experience of this, but these problems do happen.

Kimi, the immigration authorities do get suspicious sometimes when people leave Japan and try to come back just a few days later as a tourist. I know people who have done this, but other people have problems. It is up to the judgement of the immigration officials who deal with you — they will take many things into account, such as your history of visiting Japan and your nationality.

grace said (25 May 2006 at 10:35 pm)

i just finished a law degree in the Philippines and is currently reveiwing for the bar exams. what chances do ihave to be employed in Japan? how will i be able to find an employer who would sponsor my entry in Japan?

ilja said (26 May 2006 at 8:49 pm)

i´ve read in an article that you can enter japan as a tourist, then if you found work your visa can be changed into a working visa? is there something true about it.
    how difficult is it for a company to sponsor you? do they have a lot of hustles to do so?

Comment pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1112 »