Comment pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1112 »

Bennett said (25 September 2005 at 11:38 pm)

Gie, your employer will need to fill out forms containing your details, including qualifications, identification documents and so on. Exactly what is required depends on the Immigration Department, so your employer should contact them in the first instance.

Gie said (26 September 2005 at 3:53 pm)

I gave the emploer xeroxed copies of my certificates in caregiving. He just don’t know the procedures. Thanks for your advice. I’ll ask for your advice again.

mina said (27 September 2005 at 11:19 am)

I am on a dependent visa with permission to work upto 28 hours per week. If my company sponsors me for a work visa, should I accept it? My salary would be same in both cases.

What I want to know is what are the tax implications if I change from dependent visa to work visa?
    Since the money paid to me would be nearly same in both cases, would a work visa mean that I would have lower salary because of additional taxes like resident tax etc.,

Thanks for any input.

Bennett said (27 September 2005 at 10:21 pm)

Mina, that’s an interesting question. But I don’t see that it would make any difference. If you work, you pay taxes — I didn’t think your status of residence would affect what taxes you pay. After all, even as a dependent, you are still a resident.

Of course, if you are worried about this then you should seek professional financial advice. But I didn’t think dependents had any special tax status.

Earl said (30 September 2005 at 12:36 am)

I have an Engineering VISA valid for 3 more years to work and live in Japan. I plan to leave my current employer and I have already found a prospective employer. Will I run into any VISA-related complications by moving to the new engineering firm. My fear is that I may lose the new job opportunity if the transfer of VISA sponsorship proves to be too daunting a task for my new employer.

Thanks for providing your insight. This website is great.

Thanks,

Bernard

Bennett said (25 October 2005 at 8:31 pm)

Earl (or is it Bernard?), if the new employer already has sponsored some foreigners then it shouldn’t be too hard for them. You should ask them what they would normally do in this situation and take it from there — the responsibility is as much theirs as yours to do the correct thing. Having said this, I know of some people who simply switch employers and don’t bother to update the visa.

Marija said (27 October 2005 at 7:21 am)

If a company sponsors you does that mean that they come up with the money you need in your account in order to go to Japan? I live in Canada, technically I need $2,500 in my bank account, does this change with a sponsorship? Thanks!

Bennett said (27 October 2005 at 10:42 am)

Marija, I have never heard of any minimum bank account requirements to go to Japan. I arrived in Japan as a tourist, and then after about 3 months I got sponsored by an employer and obtained my work visa. At no point did anybody ask how much money I had. (I was using an Irish passport; I don’t suppose Canadians are treated much differently.)

The only requirement was that I had to have a ticket to leave Japan before my tourist visa exemption expired. If you try to arrive in Japan on a one-way ticket then maybe there are additional requirements. (This is probably true for most countries, not just Japan.)

jon said (22 November 2005 at 8:13 am)

i am 25 years old. i am half japanese half irish, but when i became 22 i renounced to my japanese nationality and now i have irish nationality. my girlfriend is here right at the moment and she is japanese. i want to go to live in japan with her now but i dont have any university degree. i am fluent in spanish and english. i would like to learn work and study in japan. i want to know what are my possibilities right now? could i get my japanese nationality back?
    sorry to say but at this moment i am quite desparate.

Bennett said (22 November 2005 at 3:42 pm)

Jon, I would be surprised if you could re-acquire Japanese citizenship — at any rate, you would almost certainly have to give up your Irish citizenship. Of course you should check with your local Japanese embassy.

As an Irish citizen, you can stay in Japan as a tourist for six months (you get an initial three, and can apply for an extension). You’re theoretically allowed to look for work during this time, but not to start work. See the rest of this website for more details.

Tim said (19 December 2005 at 5:04 am)

What are the current requirements for a working holiday visa in Japan, as opposed to the sponsered work visa? Do you have to have a job to go to in Japan before being approved for a WHV? Time to be issued and approved? I have an Australian passport…. and also contacts in my line of work in Hokkaido….
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Nath said (21 December 2005 at 4:26 am)

I am on dependent visa, meaning no permission to work. Is it possible to change my status to work visa while in Japan without going back to my country? If possible, do you know any link to visa sponsoring company? I have surfed long time ago but found only those who employ only people having permission to work in Japan. What should I do? Your advise means lots to my future career and life.

Bennett said (22 December 2005 at 6:21 am)

Tim, the working holiday visa is intended to allow young people on vacation in Japan to work to supplement their income. As such you don’t need to have a job. The only requirement I know of (other then being a citizen of an approved country like Australia) is that you are aged between 18 and 30 inclusive.

You should contact your local embassy for application details. I don’t know how long it would take to be issued, but it would probably take several weeks for your certificate of eligibility to be issued. When you arrive in Japan you exchange this for your WHV, and it will be valid for (I think) a year from that date.

Nath, you can apply for permission to work part-time on your dependent visa. If you want to get a full work visa then you will need to find a sponsor — if you have skills that are in demand then you may be able to do this. If not then other have recommended starting off with part-time work and building up contacts.

Jacqui said (12 January 2006 at 8:52 pm)

I currently have a working holiday visa and am on my last 6 months. I am working at a design company and they have offered to sponsor me. I do not have degree but I do have a 2 year diploma and I have worked for 3 and a half years as a designer in my own company, I have a small port folio with me in Japan with mainly school projects and a few commercial projects from my current job. Is it possible for me to get a design working visa if I don’t have a degree?

PARAG MALHOTRA said (10 February 2006 at 11:13 pm)

Dear Sir,

I am CEO, Of an Export company. I wants to visit Japan for my Business Promotion of my company. I need a temporary visa of around 90 days of six month. I am from India. I dont have any 4 years degree like B.A. or B.S.c.

I have a customer who can sponsor my trip and i also have a meeting with him in japan for our furthe business relationship, Also i wants to meet some existing buyers. For my business. Pls tell me how can i apply for the japanes visa pls tell me any URL Address from where i can get all the needful details about the visa.

Hope for the favourable reply from you very soon.

Hanelyn said (20 February 2006 at 12:39 am)

I am a woman in my late 20s and is looking for ways to work in Japan as a caregiver. I read in a recent article that Japan requires about 500000 caregivers, both medically skilled and unskilled. I am not a nurse but definitely very good in taking care of the aged and also children.
    I would really appreciate it if you could give me some information on how to start the process of applying for the job. And more importantly, the visa procedure.
    Thanks and please do reply.

as reddy said (22 February 2006 at 9:08 pm)

I completed 3 years full time diploma in engineering and I have 2 years work experience. I got job in Japan, they only ready to sponser me for visa, for my qualification, is it possible to get visa.

Thank you very much.

Matty.B said (6 March 2006 at 7:35 pm)

Hi, I have been living in japan for 6 months. I have a small question about work visa. I am currently on a wk hol. visa, I have no ba. But I have around 4 months teaching experience in japan 2 and half years volunteer teaching in europe and back home in australia with mentally disadvantaged children. I also have an associate degree in design, as well as completing an apprenticeship and school. I have just landed a job in honshuu and they wish to sponsor me.
    Do you think i will get the work visa? I am an australian citizen and i have relevant work experience teaching and an employer who is going to assist me. Whats my chances or do you reckon i should stay on the wk hol. visa. i have renewed it once and i think i can do it a couple more times being aussie.
    thanks for your advice.
    Matty Bonkura

Bennett said (2 April 2006 at 8:34 am)

A few people have asked whether they will be able to get a visa without a full university degree. You don’t always need a degree, but you need some sort of proven experience. As it says above:

If you have anything less then things will be more difficult. For example, if you have a 2-year degree or diploma, or an MBA from an instituation nobody has heard of, then you and your potential employer will have to argue your case with the immigration department.

Relevant experience definitely helps. I think I remember reading that ten years of relevant work experience may be considered equivalent to a degree. I will try to find find a reference for this.

ibrahim adedamola said (4 April 2006 at 4:30 am)

i am a furniture maker ,can i get a visa to work and live in japan

Comment pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1112 »